Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Returning . . . and a New Beginning

Ahh, Returning,

Well, as we all know, you can never step into the same river twice.  And since I seem to be blogging with the impressively dedicated discipline of once every six months (or so) it should be no surprise that the path, and the tumbling stream, has covered quite some territory.   The future as a gleaming path of snow, ah, what a dream!  (actually delusional -  sweet, but not very interesting).  Even the more challenging unexplored field, now seems more like a fun trek.) The past few months  ( literally exactly five months today)  have presented some of the most physically and emotionally traumatic experiences of my life!

But, here I am, Returning, with eyes wide open to survey the gleaming  field of a new Beginning.   My energy is fueled by the two simple phrases that stay deeply and permanently in my mind -   the first, (which I made up for myself to carry me through life's assorted difficulties), has become my personal mantra:  "Rise above and go beyond"  and the second:  "Renew yourself everyday".

I share these because they helped bring me back here, to the studio, to the work, to the ever emerging beginnings. The pain and traumas I referred to are unimportant.  It doesn't matter what happened - it only matters that things happened, that I survived and my recovery is slow but steady, and that these past five months have left me profoundly changed.








No comments:

Post a Comment